Fwd: Re: [Histonet] endogenous peroxidases in paraffin

LaCinda Burchell ljb <@t> medicine.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 13 09:12:07 CDT 2005

>>> LaCinda Burchell 09/13/05 9:08 AM >>>
Hello, and Good Morning;  I've never seen differences in frozen versus paraffin tissues.  Endogenous peroxidase is an important issue in bloody tissues (liver, spleen).  If you are working with extremely fragile specimens low in red blood cells, and you've done a side-by-side demonstration of blocked and un-blocked specimens you should be ok.  good luck! Cindy
>>> "Andrea T. Hooper" <anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu> 09/13/05 8:37 AM >>>
Does anyone have any thoughts on how much endogenous peroxidase
remains in tissue after paraffin processing, I have experienced
certainly less than frozen sections for sure, but still I want some
stories from personal experience.

I am trying to decide whether I should try to exclude some glucose
oxidase block on paraffin sections as it seems to be unnecessary in
one of my protocols.

Thanks,
Andrea