[Histonet] sentinel biopsies

hymclab hymclab <@t> hyhc.com
Fri Sep 2 09:20:16 CDT 2005

I wrote my own policy but referenced that I received the radiation
information from the Hospital Radiation Safety officer.
We do the same as Dr. Peters here.  The Radiation Safety officer (which is a
Radiologist here) said we were in no danger.
The only thing he suggested and I have it in my procedure is to have any
pregnant histotechs avoid handling the fresh sentinel nodes just as a
precautionary measure.

Hope this helps,
Dawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Horn, Hazel V [mailto:HornHV <@t> archildrens.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 2:36 PM
To: Stephen Peters M.D.; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] sentinel biopsies

In getting ready for my CAP inspection, CAP states there must be a
policy for these types of specimens.   My question to all of you is, who
wrote your policy?   Did you write it or did your Radiation Safety
Officer write it?

Hazel Horn, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Arkansas Children's Hospital