[Histonet] RNase contamination during in-situ

Agripina Suarez ASuarez <@t> mrl.ubc.ca
Fri Oct 28 16:13:46 CDT 2005

Ooops. Should read "... baked at 200oC for at least 2 hrours."

Agripina C. Suarez
McDonald Research Laboratories
iCAPTURE Centre, St Paul's Hospital
1081 Burrard St, Vancouver
B.C., Canada V6Z 1Y6
Tel no. 604 682 2344 local 62562
Fax no. 604 806 8351

>>> "Agripina Suarez" <ASuarez <@t> mrl.ubc.ca> 10/28/05 10:51 AM >>>
I use DEPC water for all solutions. All glassware are baked at 200oC for at least 200oC. I also use RNaseZap (Ambion) followed by DEPC water rinse for small items that are not RNase-free. I also purchase RNase-free plasticware.

Agripina C. Suarez
McDonald Research Laboratories
iCAPTURE Centre, St Paul's Hospital
1081 Burrard St, Vancouver
B.C., Canada V6Z 1Y6
Tel no. 604 682 2344 local 62562
Fax no. 604 806 8351

>>> "Barnhart, Tammy" <Tbarnhart <@t> primecare.org> 10/28/05 8:31 AM >>>
I need some help...we are going to try using the Dako PNA ISH kit for
Kappa/Lambda and are concerned about the RNase contamination issue.  Can
anyone give me an idea as to what product to use to take care of this on
surfaces, glassware and reagents?  Any and all suggestions would be
appreciated.

Tammy Barnhart, BS, HTL(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
St. Alexius Medical Center
Bismarck, ND

Confidentiality Notice:This e-mail message is for sole use of intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying is
by replying to this e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of this e-mail
message.