[Histonet] GFP in Paraffin Sections?

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Oct 24 16:52:18 CDT 2005

Paul,

You may have success or you may not.  We cannot maintain our eGFP with
paraffin processing, or with any frozen section fixed with
solvents.   Alcohols may ruin the GFP and its fluorescent properties,
however there are those who have had success.  One can always come back
with antiGFP (Rockland makes are very nice goat antiGFP) and then detect
the goat antiGFP with a Donkey antiGoat-FITC.

It is certainly worth a try to do what you suggest and try both ways or
mounting medias.  If your tissues are FFPE, then you will be battling green
autofluorescence too.  I have a review of autofluorescence with GFP in mind
I am sending to you via private email, a very nice publication.