[Histonet] disposible knife holder

Woodward, Denise denise.woodward <@t> uconn.edu
Thu Oct 20 14:22:13 CDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm looking for a used, FREE, disposable knife holder capable of fitting
into the steel-knife holder of an old AO microtome (the one with the
Blue/Gray outer case, not the black pre-historic model)
It would be put into service in the new Histology Program at the
Community College of Rhode Island. We currently have some old tempered
steel knives but no knife sharpener; lots of sample disposable knives
have been donated but without a holder they are useless. I figure a
knife holder might be a lot easier to come by and ship than a knife
sharpener!
I will pay shipping for a holder, not a sharpener :-)

Thanks for you help,
Denise Long Woodward
Educational Coordinator and
Instructor of "MLCT Introduction to Histology"
Community College of Rhode Island