[Histonet] Kappa, Lambda

Sebree Linda A. la.sebree <@t> hosp.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 20 13:59:37 CDT 2005

Monoclonal K and L will almost always be cleaner than polyclonal.  Also,
I would select several bm bxs for optimizing since some specimens are
just cleaner (or dirtier) than others.  Hope this helps.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Clinical & Research Laboratory
DM223-VA
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX:  (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jesus
Ellin
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:36 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Kappa, Lambda

 I have a great question out there for the IHC people.  Here in the lab
we are trying to work up our Kappa and lambda.  The problem that most
people see is the excessive background staining that comes with these
two antibodies.  we are treating our tissue in a H2O2 solution just
before we run them on the IHC stainer (Ventanna).  Here is the kicker in
working them up we are using Bone marrow for control, because our
pathologists would like ,control that  is similar to the disease process
they are looking for.  Now one specimen control stains beautiful for
Kappa and the other specimen control stains beautiful for Lambda.  This
brings me to the conclusion that the stain is working  and also that
different specimens no matter what stain differently.  Can someone give
me a universal way to make this easier on us.  I know we need to block
the endogenous peroxidase, and we are using H2O2.. is there anything
that we can do better or is there another method for us to treat the
specimens.

Jesus Ellin
Yuma Regional Medical Center