[Histonet] Block cutting protocols

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Mon Oct 17 15:44:16 CDT 2005

While it doesn't really address the original question, another related rule
we strictly enforce in our laboratory, for exactly the same reasons, is -
only one cassette may be open on the embedding unit at any one time. A tech
may take four or five cassettes and place them on the working surface of the
unit together, but only one cassette may be opened, and that cassette and
its contents must be removed from the working surface of the unit before
another cassette is opened. I assume most labs have a similar rule in place.