[Histonet] Antigen retrieval

Steven Coakley sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 07:51:52 CDT 2005

Has anyone had problems with unwanted specific nuclear staining after performing heat AR especially from the microwave.  I've been attempting to stain paraffin embedded rat liver in which a 24hour and 48hour BDL with Brdu injection 1 hour prior to harvest.  With any form of AR, even limited 80C I get 75-100% nuclear staining.  With no AR I get nothing, not even the bile ducts.  Does AR tend to effect nuclear staining with some antibodies.  I'm stumped.

Steve