[Histonet] Histology Journals

John A. Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Thu Oct 6 12:23:40 CDT 2005

The best value for money are the journals that
come with society memberships (the first 3 in
the following list).

Journal of Histotechnology. 4 issues a year, with
N.S.H. subscription ($40)
  http://www.nsh.org/membership/application.html

Biotechnic & Histochemistry. 6 issues a year, with
Biological Stain Commission subscription ($40)
  Membership is open to anyone with an interest in
staining. Contact the Secretary, dpenney[AT]biostains.org
(The application form at
http://www.biostains.org/new_page_15.htm  is out
of date; you no longer need to be nominated by a
member to join the BSC.)

Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry. 12 issues
a year, with Histochemical Society subscription ($50)

http://www.histochemicalsociety.org/members/application.shtml
This has the highest impact factor in the field.

Histochemistry and Cell Biology is another high impact
(for the field) journal published by Springer for the
Society for Histochemistry (a European society). I suspect
it's too costly for most individuals to take, but it's in
libraries. 12 issues a year.

Journal of Molecular Histology (it was The Histochemical
Journal until 2004) is now also published by Springer;
12 issues per year. Formerly was an option with
subscription to the Royal Microscopical Society (£46).
I don't know how much it costs now. Libraries have it.
--
John A. Kiernan