[Histonet] re JKiernan APES treatment of slides

John A. Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Mon Oct 3 10:06:18 CDT 2005

1. I don't know how commercial positively charged
slides are made. Try asking the maker. (Good luck!)
It is possible that they use an alkoxysilane other
than APES to achieve a similar effect.
2. Using an acetone rinse to speed up drying should
not change the APES-treated slides. The aminopropyl
groups are covalently bound to the glass. They
cannot be washed off, and they do not react with acetone.
--
John A. Kiernan