[Histonet] Probe-On Slides

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 30 10:23:49 CST 2005

At 10:55 AM 11/30/2005, Paula Pierce wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>   if anyone is still using Probe-On slides, I just saw an auction on Ebay
> for almost 5000, with a starting bid of $40!
>
>   The item number is 7567090814 or do a search for blank slides.
>
>   Paula

Be Careful!!  Charged slides can lose the charge over time and the
expiration date should be taken seriously.  If anyone looks into these
slides see if you can get the expiration date and how they have been stored
over the time the lab  had them.  I learned this the hard way with some
older stored slides from another lab and got burned when the sections came
off.  Well kept and stored slides at consistent temperature are safer longer.

Best Regards,

Pamela A Marcum
Manager, Histology Special Procedures
University of Pennsylvania