[Histonet] Auto stainer IHC/SS

Muhammad Tahseen tahseen <@t> brain.net.pk
Fri Nov 18 04:45:25 CST 2005

Dear Sarah E. Lewis,
The special stains that we have run, all been very nice.You cannot
do IHC and special stains at the same time... they have to be separate runs,
separate software. I use DakoAutostainer in my lab and have absolutely no
problems.  We have beautiful reproducible staining with every antibody.

Muhammad Tahseen,
MLT(Punjab Medical Faculty)
MT(JIMTEF)Japan
 Histology Supervisor
 SKMCH & RC
 Lahore Pakistan.

----- Original Message -----
From: Lewis, Sarah <LewisS <@t> pediatrics.ohio-state.edu>
To: HISTONET (E-mail) <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:10 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Auto stainer IHC/SS

Just a quick question in regards to the Autostainer Plus from Dako. I am
currently looking to purchase an Automated Immuno Stainer. I have demoed The
i6000, Mozaic, and the Nemesis.  I will soon demo the Autostainer Plus from
Dako.  They claim to be able to do special stains and IHC. Are any of you
running specials on your Autostainer plus?  Any thoughts on this?  Also,  If
you have any experience with any of the units any feedback would be
appreciated!!!  The i6000 also claims to do specials as well,  I only ran a
few,  I never tried to run IHC and specials together on the same run.(They
have disposable pipette tips which eliminates the cross contamination
issue.)      Any thoughts would be great!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Sarah E. Lewis
Histotechnician
Childrens Research
Center for Gene Therapy