[Histonet] re: stereo microscopes

caron fournier caron_fournier <@t> yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 17 15:23:08 CST 2005

When I was doing renal biopsies and needed to check tissue amount we just used a basic microscope when we got back to the lab. At ultrasound when the biopsy is being done we only used a 10x eyepiece to check the sample. You would only need a basic stereo microscope like the student grade one's from Leica or Olympus (these are probably the cheapest), even a Motic would probably do because you just have to see the glomeruli which are in most cases easy to see.
  Remember that most vendors have a lot of margin on the microscopes so try to wheel and deal and if they want to keep followup business then they will accomadate you.
  Hope this helps