[Histonet] Histology schools

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 16 04:50:36 CST 2005

Try contacting the Indiana Univesity HT program. They have a 1 year training
program, where the people stay in the lab they are in, but are taught by
participating in teleconferences, emails, mailing slides in to IU, taking
tests administered by their supervisor (like you), and doing a lot of
studying on their own. They are NAACLS accredited HT program. They take
students from about 45 sites across the country. The program started every
August, if I remember correctly.

Indiana University School of Medicine
Coleman Hall, Room 322
1140 West Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN  46202-5113
Ms. Debra Wood BS, HT(ASCP)
demwood <@t> iupui.edu
 (317) 278-1599

Peggy Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bruce
Gapinski
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:11 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Histology schools

Are there any Histology schools? Where do people learn how to do what we do?
On the job training is too much for me anymore .I've trained about 8 now.
Besides, who wants to spend their (now required) A.S. in a histo lab?
Honestly, some times I wonder if we've boxed ourselves into the worst
situation. Anyone ELSE having trouble finding a histologist? Or is it an
histologist, I never know.
Bruce Gapinski HT (ASCP)

Important Notice: This e-mail is intended for the use of the person to whom
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy this
message and contact the Security Officer at PathGroup, Inc. immediately at
615-221-4431.