[Histonet] Antibodies beyond expiration

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Fri Nov 11 14:29:25 CST 2005

I agree, great idea.

Many antibodies can most definitely be used after their expiration
date. Case in point, I recently used an anti-CD31 antibody clone
MEC13.3 from RDI which was probably 5 years old - way past it's
expiry date - and it worked as beautifully on my acetone fixed
frozens as it did on the day I got it. It had been stored (as all my
antibodies are) at 4 deg C.

So this won't be the case for all of them, but certainly many can
still be used.