[Histonet] antibody storage

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 14:57:08 CST 2005

Pablo:
I just mailed you some information I have just posted about use of Abs beyond their
"expiration dates".
Rene J.

Pablo Sánchez Quinteiro <psanquin <@t> lugo.usc.es> wrote:
Dear Histonetters,

Lately I am having difficulties with the storage of my antibodies.

I keep them at -20ºC in undiluted aliquots. After few months a kind of web
or lattice grows in the liquid. It is evident after unfreezening. The
antibody keeps working but I am afraid this is not any pleasant.

I would very greatful with your input.

By the way the provider states an expiring date of only six months. Is this
reasonable?

Best regards from Spain

Pablo Sanchez