[Histonet] tonsils

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 10:19:49 CST 2005

We used to gross them only but the PA (usually at requests from the surgeon or the
medical practitioner) could ask for a microscopic evaluation sometimes as results
of a request by the insurance company!. In that case we used to process them and do
just H&E.
Essentially you will have to ask your pathologist what to do about them.
Rene J.

Linda Blazek <BlazekL <@t> childrensdayton.org> wrote:
I need some information on how other facilities are handling tonsils. Are they gross only and what criteria is used to have microscopic performed on them? Thanks for any info. - Linda

Linda Blazek, HT (ASCP)
Department of Pathology
Children's Medical Center
Dayton, Ohio 45404