[Histonet] histologist/pathologist ratio

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 14:43:36 CST 2005

Hi Beatrice:
Some months ago I reviewed different sources (US Dept Labor; US Dept. Commerce;ASCP) and got to the figure of about 1.4 to 2.0 histotechs per pathologist. This, as any other average, is "not written in stone" and has to vary between laboratories. Of the laboratories I personally know the averages have been from 1 to 1, to 2.2 to 1 These figures will also depend on the type of laboratory: laboratories in small hospitals will probably will be closer to 1:1, in large reference laboratories, although will have many more pathologists, the huge sample volume will require the larger side of the scale (2 or 2:2 histotechs / pathologist).
Rene J.

LINDA MARGRAF <LINDA.MARGRAF <@t> childrens.com> wrote:
Here's a message Beatrice is having trouble posting to the list.
Please email her or send your reply to the entire list (and not me directly).
Thanks Linda M (Histonet administrator)

"DeBrosse_Beatrice"
Hi!

I would like to know what the ratio of how many histologists to a
Pathologist is. Does the ratio differ from hospitals to reference labs
to pharmaceutical labs? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra
HT(ASCP)QIHC
Allergan, Inc.