[Histonet] Fixative Question

Sheffield, Tiffany L Tiffany.L.Sheffield <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Fri Nov 4 14:04:34 CST 2005

Hello fellow Histonetters!
    Could someone recommend a fixative for EM/TEM for bone.  I am
familiar with a few techniques from the Handbook of Histology Methods
for Bone and Cartilage by An & Martin. I am wanting to preserve synovial
and bone/cartilage tissue with attached antibodies for electron
microscopy without destroying the antibody-tissue binding? I was just
wondering if any of you had any experience with these techniques or
could recommend a fixative?Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks!

Tiffany Sheffield-Lopez, HT(ASCP)
Supervisor, Bone Histomorphometry & Biomaterials Lab
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
UTHSC-Houston Medical School
6431 Fannin, Suite 6.144 MSB
Houston , TX 77030