[Histonet] RE: coverslippers

Osborn, Sharon sharon.osborn <@t> dnax.org
Thu Nov 3 11:27:53 CST 2005

Jack,
	Additional note:  If you consider a glass coverslipper that is stand
alone and not hooked into a staining system such as the Leica combo, please
look at the Hacker coverslipper or the Meisei glass coverslipper.  Hacker
makes excellent coverslippers.  Years ago I used the Meisei (then under
Hacker now through TBS) and loved it.  It was easy to regulate and repair
since we were miles from an easy service call.  I learned to maintain it
including taking it apart to do the PM.
	Yes, Leica coverslippers have improved the glass pickup process.
And it does behoove the tech loading in the glass coverslips(in any
coverslipper!) to have clean, dry hands or gloved clean dry hands in
handling the coverslips.  Coverslips that are not stuck together are
necessary; there are recommended brands that work better than others.  We
currently purchase our coverslips for the Leica through StatLab in
Lewisville, TX.  The coverslip is called Anapath.  They are very reasonable,
loose(not sticky) and work well in the Leica coverslipper.

sharon osborn
DNAX
Palo Alto, CA

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- Please immediately and permanently delete.