[Histonet] Microtome

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Nov 2 13:44:54 CST 2005

Karen

We just finished a demo on the micron the rough trimming feature was
nice.  I did not see any problems with it at all, in fact we really
liked it. We have to face in a lot of bone (mouse and rat joints) the
automated trim feature was nice since we could adjust the thickness and
speed that we faced the block and if anyone who cuts a lot of bone knows
rough trimming is very important because you can pop out portions of the
joint if done too aggressively.  It normally takes us longer to rough
trim our blocks than to cut them.  When you have to trim in 100's of
blocks it puts lot of wear and tear on your wrists, elbows and
shoulders. With the automated rough trim all we had to do was push
buttons and let the microtome do the work for us, it was great.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592