[Histonet] AFB Question

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Tue Nov 1 14:18:24 CST 2005

Yes - organisms can migrate to the patient tissue rendering false
positives.  Additionally, if you are staining manually in coplin jars -
floater organisms can also transfer to patient tissue from the solution.
Fresh Carbol Fuchsin should always be dropped onto individual slides.

2 cents from Jackie O'.

"Janice A Mahoney" <JMahoney <@t> alegent.org>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
11/01/2005 01:43 PM