[Histonet] substitute for xylene

Jan.Minshew <@t> leica-microsystems.com Jan.Minshew <@t> leica-microsystems.com
Fri May 27 08:56:28 CDT 2005

Hi Myriam and Ruth,

If you have access to a vibrating microtome, you might be able to section
the polystyrene without embedding it.

Best wishes,

Jan

                      "Yaskovich, Ruth A
                      (NIH/NIDCR)"                          To:       histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu, "'Myri37 <@t> aol.com'"
                      <ryaskovich <@t> dir.nidcr.nih.gov>         <Myri37 <@t> aol.com>
                      Sent by:                              cc:       (bcc: Jan Minshew/USDER/West/Leica)
                      histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouth        Subject:  RE: [Histonet] substitute for xylene
                      western.edu

                      05/27/2005 08:18 AM

Myriam,
If your samples are just the polystyrene without tissue just use the MMA
and
hand process. You really don't need any xylene. I have done it before with
no problems.
Ruth Yaskovich
National Institutes of Health
N.I.D.C.R.