[Histonet] CD44 v4 and v7

Young Kwun kwuny <@t> email.cs.nsw.gov.au
Tue May 24 20:08:14 CDT 2005

Hi Heather,
I am not sure about CD44 v4 & v7, but I tried CD44 v6 antibody (dil. 1/500)
from R&D Systems (Cat No.BRA13). I obtained good results with HIER with EDTA
(pH 8) or Citrate buffer.

Regards,

Young

Young Kwun
Senior Hospital Scientist
Dept of Anatomical Pathology
Concord Hospital
Concord NSW 2139
Australia
Phone:61-2-9767 6075
Fax:61-2-9767 8427
Email:kwuny <@t> email.cs.nsw.gov.au

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mcleod
Sent: Tuesday, 24 May 2005 11:44 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CD44 v4 and v7

Dear Histonetters

A colleague is having trouble with these 2 antibodies.  She has tried
hier at ph 6
and 8, enzyme ar and no ar without any success.  Her problem is specific
stainig
amidst lots of non-specific staining and when the dilution is increased
the desired signal is lost and she is left with all of the nss.
If anybody has successfully worked with these antibodies; any advice /
help would
be appreciated.
She is using Novocastra CD44 v4 and
Serotec CD44 v7 (MCA1731)