[Histonet] HER-2 ICC protocol for breast cancer cell lines

Caroline Bass cbass <@t> bidmc.harvard.edu
Tue May 24 17:54:05 CDT 2005

Hello,

I am attempting to stain a couple of breast cancer cell lines for
HER-2.  Does anyone have a protocol that I could use?  I am trying to
avoid paraffin embedding as I am not set up to do this.  I am using
MCF-7, BT474 and MDA-MB-453 cells.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am relatively new to
immunostaining, so even if there is no advice for HER-2 in
particular, I would like to hear general staining advice for these
cell lines.  I think I have to do an antigen retrieval step, but am
not sure how to modify the FFPE protocols that I have seen.

Thanks,

Caroline Bass