[Histonet] slide drying

Steven Coakley sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com
Tue May 24 13:37:05 CDT 2005

I'm setting up a small Histo lab and using a 60C slide warmer to dry my slides.  I've been currently allowing them to air dry vertically for a couple of hours to overnight, then placing the slides on the slide warmer for an hour.  About 90% of the time the slides turn out ok, but some slide do show some detaching from the slide.  Both charges and non-charged slides with water bath adhesive seem to be involved.  I read a past artical on this site not recommending allowing slides to air dry as the section may entrap water?  Any suggestions.

Steve