[Histonet] GOOD markers/pencils for cassettes

krat18 <@t> aol.com krat18 <@t> aol.com
Tue May 24 11:30:03 CDT 2005

HELP!  HELP!  HELP!   We are having lots of problems with our markers (we're now using StatLab).  The writing smears and smudges when we fix tissues in PenFix, from a combination of the grease from the fat and the alcohol in the PenFix.   What is everyone using to mark cassettes that will be fixed in alcohol-based fixatives?   ANY suggestions are welcome!   We cannot at this time buy a cassette marker machine.   Are there pencils that work well?   Our Tissue Tek pencils used to smear also, but maybe there are better ones?