[Histonet] Number of Blocks Submitted by PA

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Tue May 24 09:38:57 CDT 2005

Maybe our on-line Pathologists would have a say about this - I recall
seeing several texts or reference material on how to dissect different
large organs, like a radical prostate, where to take blocks from, and how
many should be submitted. I know there are "industry standards".   I'm out
of the clinical side of pathology now - but yes, I remember it well.

Jacqueline M. O'Connor HT(ASCP) QIHC
Assistant Scientist
GPRD Cancer Research
Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL