[Histonet] Double fluorescent stains for apoptosis

Chan Wai Kam doscwk <@t> nus.edu.sg
Tue May 17 22:28:34 CDT 2005

Hi,

We=92re doing a study on the effect of compression and degeneration of =
rabbit intervertebral discs, and we're using the In Situ Cell Death =
Detection Kit, TMR red (Roche) for the detection of apoptosis by =
fluorescent microscopy.  As our lab is new to this technique, we would =
be grateful for any advice on the correct apoptosis stain/kits to use. =20

Our problem in using this kit is that we get a large number of positive =
stained cells (all red).  As we would like to find out the percentage of =
apoptotic cells, we need a protocol which can give us a double stain =
which according to one of the papers is bright green (tunnel positive) =
and light red (unaffected cells). =20

Any advice and protocols would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Julee Chan
Orthopaedic Surgery
Histology Lab