[Histonet] Mast cell stain

Osborn, Sharon sharon.osborn <@t> dnax.org
Tue May 10 12:14:25 CDT 2005

Tom,

Luna's Toluidine Blue Method for Mast Cells is a superior demonstration of
mast cells using a pink background.  These literally pop up under low power.
The method is located on pages 311-312 of Luna's Histopathologic Methods and
color Atlas of special Stains and Tissue Artifacts; 1992.  If you wish a
copy of the procedure, private email me and I will send to you.

sharon osborn
DNAX ScheringPlough BioPharma
Palo Alto, CA

Subject: [Histonet] Giemsa Stain for Mast Cells
Netters,
I am looking for a Giemsa stain for Mast Cells that does not have a pinkish
hue like the Gaffney Giemsa.  We are looking to have the Mast Cells pop out
at us on low power.  Any suggestions/protocols?
Thanks,
Tom
Tom Galati
Laboratory Director
HSRL, Inc.- A GLP Compliant Contract Laboratory
137 South Main Street
Woodstock, Virginia  22664
(540)459-8211
Fax: (540)459-8217
tomgalati <@t> hsrl.org
www.hsrl.org <www.hsrl.org>

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- Please immediately and permanently delete.