[Histonet] billing question

Bonnie Whitaker bwhitaker <@t> brownpathology.com
Thu May 5 17:35:03 CDT 2005

Hi All,

Many of you have a lot more CPT coding/billing experience than I do, and
maybe you can help me out.  We are in the midst of a debate about billing
for determining specimen adequacy on a liver bx, or similar u/s guided
needle bx.  On at least one occaision the pathologist has done a touch prep
to determine if the target lesion had been sampled.  How should these be
billed?  My opinion is as an 88329, even though the procedure is in
radiology, not the OR.  Everyone does not agree with this.  What do you all
think?

Thanks!

Bonnie Whitaker
Lab Manager