[Histonet] Pecten maximus

abee <@t> pml.ac.uk abee <@t> pml.ac.uk
Tue May 3 08:41:17 CDT 2005

Dear all,

I am working on the structure of the gill of Pectin maximus and am having
problems identifying one of the structures. The samples have been fixed in
Davidsons and are in wax blocks. These structures are visible with a light
microscope and are in whole sections. It is present on the descending
lamella starting at the gill filament and runs about halfway down the
lamella. It has the appearance of a sinusoidal shape. It is not on the
ascending lamella at all.

Can anyone help me identify this, or at least point me in the direction of a
good reference please?

Many Thanks,

Amanda Beesley