[Histonet] GMS

DeLovino, Salvacion S. Salvacion.DeLovino <@t> cshs.org
Thu Mar 31 12:31:23 CST 2005

Is your deionized water still good? We had the same problem one time and the
culprit was the water.

Salve

------------------------------

>From: "Karen Harmon" <karenharmon <@t> comcast.net>
>To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
>Subj>From: "Karen Harmon" <karenharmon <@t> comcast.net>
>To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
>Subject: [Histonet] Pneumocystis carnii staining
>Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:25:33 -0600
>
>We use a GMS stain to demonstrate pneuomcyctis with successful results
>about 50% of the time.   We have taken this procedure apart step by step,
>solution by solution and are at our wits end to determine the cause for
>failure.  I can assure you that over the past 3 weeks, there is no variable

>that we have not tried.    The ironic part is we never have a problem
>demonstrating fungi with the GMS, in fact, we never had any problems at all

>with other silver procedures.
>
>Can anyone help with our hit and miss problem with pneumocystis?

 IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately
by calling (310) 423-6428 and destroy the related message.  Thank You for
your cooperation.