[Histonet] Storage after perfusion of brain tissue, what is the best method?

Kelly D Mcqueeney kelly.mcqueeney <@t> bms.com
Thu Mar 31 09:10:57 CST 2005

Dear Histonetters,
I have perfused rat brain with 4% paraformaldehyde, placed in fix O/N
and then added a 10% and 30% sucrose solution. What is the next step
toward long-term storage of this tissue if I plan on using a cryostat to
section? How would you recommend storing this tissue and what is the
next step after sucrose. I will not be sectioning for a few weeks. Also,
how do I store the slides after sectioning? Do I let them dry for a few
hours like I do with fresh tissue?

Thanks for your help,
Kelly McQueeney