[Histonet] Cryosectioning for LMD POL Slides

Kristen Broomall kbroomal <@t> NEMOURS.ORG
Wed Mar 30 12:18:40 CST 2005

One of the other techs here is cutting snap frozen muscle for LMD and is
having quite a time getting the sections to pick up on the POL membrane of
the slide. She's tried warming the membrane with her finger, and I'm sure a
couple other tricks, but barely any tissue with stick to it. Certainly not
enough to constitute a good section.

We're using Leica POL Membrane, metal framed slides.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Kristen Broomall, HT (ASCP)
A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children