[Histonet] RE:Charging for immunos

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 11:02:28 CST 2005

Hi karen,

My understanding of this reg is that you can only bill once for each specimen part. For example if you have a case such in multiple parts (i.e. a colon cancer with the colon as part one, a liver biopsy as part two and an abdominal wall met as part three) if you order S 100 on blocks A, B and C of part one you can only bill for one. But if you order an s 100 on a colon slide from part one and and s 100 on the liver biopsy from part two you can bill for each. I belive the same is true for special stains like AFB and fungal stains. ect. If anyone has different info I would appreciate your interpretation.

Stephen

Stephen Peters M.D.
Pathology Innovations, LLC
410 Old Mill Lane,