[Histonet] Tissue Tek Auto Tec

Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil
Wed Mar 30 08:05:25 CST 2005

  I have a Tissue Tek VIP 5 and was looking on their website. Granted
histology has come a long ways as far as automation, but has anybody heard
of this new automatic embedding center (robotic) called Tissue Tek Auto Tec
by Sakura? I would love to see how and if embedding can truly be replaced by
human hands. I can only imagine the cost. Supposedly it can embed 120
specimens per hour, can differentiate between, biopsy, standard and
orientation. Now I find this extremely fascinating and would love to observe
this machine.

http://www.sakura-americas.com/readallabout.html
<http://www.sakura-americas.com/readallabout.html>

It is the third link down on page if anyone wants to check this out.

Heather A. Harper

Supervisor of Histology/Morgue

Naval Hospital of Pensacola, FL.