[Histonet] Job Change Completed

pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 29 13:32:26 CST 2005

Hi All,

Well, I made the change and left Polysciences at the beginning of this month to
return to research at the University of Pennsylvania.  I am now in an
orthopedic
and general histology research laboratory.  I am doing MMA, GMA, epoxy (for
light and EM)
and paraffin processing, embedding and sectioning for routine staining and IHC.
We do mineralized
and/or decal bone, bio-structures and soft tissues for internal groups and
outside
clients.

When I started we had a number of studies in-house to work on and finish. I am
busy!! However, we are
always looking for more to do and challenge us with studies outside the
University.  Partnering
with other laboratories for collaboration or consulting would be welcome and we
are open to new ideas.
Over the next few months we will be binging in students from the University and
(we hope) looking for
additional histologists to learn plastics and grow with us.  This is really
exciting to me.

If anyone needs any of the services we are offering for overflow or new
projects
let me
know and we will be happy to talk to you and attempt to work them in.

Pam Marcum
Senior Research Technican
University of Pennsylvania
School of Veterinary Medicine
R S Reynolds Jr Comparative Orthopedic Research Laboratory
New Bolton Center
382 West Street Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Phone - 610-925-6278