[Histonet] ERK antibody

Katri Tuomala katri <@t> cogeco.ca
Tue Mar 29 12:00:33 CST 2005

Hi Yan,
I have done some phospho-ERK IHC on FFPE human lung tumours. My antibody is
from Cell Signaling Technology; rabbit monoclonal phospho-p44/42 MAPK (p44
is Erk1 and P42 is Erk2 according to the specification sheet). If your
antibody is from another company, my protocol may not work on yours.
I do HIER in citrate buffer after blocking endogenous peroxidases. After
normal serum blocking, incubation with primary antibody (dilution 1:100) is
done overnight at 4C. My secondary system is Vector Elite ABC kit. Chromogen
DAB.
Some lung tumour cells show nuclear positivity, but a variety of normal
cells are positive also.
I hope this helps a bit...
Katri

Katri Tuomala