[Histonet] Natural Dyes: Beet Juice

Laurie Reilly laurie.reilly <@t> jcu.edu.au
Mon Mar 28 18:35:10 CST 2005

Dev and Histonetters,
Mulberry juice works well as a nuclear stain, if you add a mordant such as
aluminium ammonium sulphate.

Haematoxylin is a natural dye. If you take some sawdust from the heartwood
of Heamatoxylum campechianum, mix it with water to give a blood red
solution,filter, then add a mordant you will have a solution that will
stain nucleii.

    Regards,  Laurie.