[Histonet] BiopsyTissue Cassette

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Mar 28 16:41:37 CST 2005

Nita,

We have gone to  the All in One Cassette, from Histoplex.   A small
triangular area on one corner of cassette has tiny holes and a tight
fitting lid in that area for biopsies.  For all other tissues, you use the
large area with standard size slots.  They come in 11 colors.   They are
working very well for us - no longer have to keep two kinds of cassettes
around!!  Very efficient and saves space and the techs grossing in research
tissues LOVE them!!!  On embedding and microtomy end, we like them too.

Available from Fisher white are Cat # 221464420.

Our samples came from American MasterTech Scientific, ph # 800 860-4073 go
to www.mastertechs.com   to take a look at these.  They will send samples
so you can try before investing.  Their prices are competitive.

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology