[Histonet] copper stain for liver biopsies

teresajharris <@t> msn.com teresajharris <@t> msn.com
Sat Mar 26 13:48:54 CST 2005

Hi Jim,

I have performed this stain with good results.  I purchased my stain kit and control slides from Poly Scientific.  Phone number 800-645-5825.  Just tell them what you want to stain and they will help you choose the right kit.

Teresa Harris, HTL
VA Medical Center
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Vickroy, Jim<mailto:Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com>
  To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
  Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:13 PM
  Subject: [Histonet] copper stain for liver biopsies

  We are looking for a procedure for staining for copper.  In the past we
  have used an aldehyde fuchsin stain but our pathologist would like to
  use a rhodanine stain.  Does anybody have a good procedure for staining
  copper and any suggestions where to get a kit or reagents?

  Jim Vickroy

  Memorial Medical Stain

  Springfield, Illinois