[Histonet] GYN Report Disclaimer

Vinnie Della Speranza dellav <@t> musc.edu
Fri Mar 25 14:31:08 CST 2005

here is ours.

Pap smear is a test that helps in early detection of some cancers of female organs.  This test has a low, but not negligible, rate of error.  In average women, there is a 1 in 1000 chance that abnormal cells will be missed by this test.  There is a higher chance of missing abnormal cells in patients with some types of cancers or pre-cancerous conditions.
Pap smear offers no guarantee for the detection of all cancers.  This test must be performed annually for optimal detection.  In high-risk patients, Pap smear testing must be performed more frequently

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina
165 Ashley Avenue  Suite 309
Charleston, SC 29425
Ph: 843-792-6353
fax: 843-792-8974

>>> "Rush, Joyce" <Joyce.Rush <@t> sjmcmn.org> 03/25/05 11:36AM >>>

I know that most of you are Histology folks but hope that you will pass this on to any clinical Cytology co-workers.  We are going from JCAHO to CAP for our surveys and need to add a report disclaimer to our GYN reports.  I'd appreciate as many samples as I can get so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks so much!

Joyce

Joyce A. Rush, BS, MT(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
St Joseph's Medical Center
523 North Third Street
Brainerd, MN  56401
Office:218-828-7500   Fax:  218-828-7510