[Histonet] PCNA on cryosection

Margaret Blount mab70 <@t> medschl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 08:08:49 CST 2005

Seal them in an airtight microscope box or wrap them carefully in cling film
and store at -80. On thawing allow them to equilibrate at room temperature
on a staining tray for about an hour. Then fix in acetone for about 10
minutes, I usually use acetone at room temperature, but it can be used at
-20C. If you do the latter, make sure that the equipment you use is spark
proof! I haven't done PCNA on frozens so can't give you a protocol, but I
would use the protocol you normally use for frozens.

Reading your email again, it looks as though the acetone fixation is for
another antibody, have Zymed not provided a datasheet for the PCNA kit? If
not, you should either visit the website and download the appropriate
datasheet or ring them and ask for it. That is the whole point of a kit - it
comes with instructions and is optimised, otherwise why pay extra for it?The
individual reagents are much cheaper on their own as a rule.

Margaret

Margaret Blount
Chief Technician
Clinical Biochemistry