[Histonet] Ventana Benchmark HPV

Kari Bradshaw kbradshaw <@t> lcpath.com
Tue Mar 22 15:01:29 CST 2005

WE have experienced the same problem from time to time.  There is a shot
glass size reservoir within the Benchmark where there is solution(buffer)
exchange.  Sometimes depending on what type of run you have been doing (ISH
vs. IHC) there can be a pH problem.  To remedy this you can run 2 different
function tests.
1.  SSC purge, empties the shot glass
2.  EX prep purge, corrects pH
If you run these two tests before your HPV run you should eradicate your
"blue Haze" problems.

:) Kari Bradshaw, HT(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
Lower Columbia Pathologists
1217 14th Ave
Longview, WA 98632
(360)425-5620

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Pat
Zeitlow
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 12:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana Benchmark HPV

Has anyone doing HPV ISH on Benchmark (not XT) experienced background
problems on slides that prohibits evaluation?  We are seeing random
problems with this "Blue haze" and cannot seem to get it resolved.  I
realize I haven't provided much detail, but if anyone is having this
same issue, they will recognize my description.  Thanks in advance for
any input!

Pat Z
Department of Molecular Pathology
Boyce and Bynum Pathology Labs, P.C.