[Histonet] Re. Not Too Sharpie !

John Robertson jr <@t> infosight.com
Fri Mar 18 13:15:38 CST 2005

Thanks to you ( and others) Gayle  for your timely alert,

I only used "Sharpie" as a shorthand for pen marking - I know well that
standard Sharpie brand markers don't survive  processing. FYI --The
markings shown in the referenced picture survive all processing .
  John

John Robertson   P.E. Ph.D.         jr <@t> infosight.com
CEO InfoSight Corporation          http://www.infosight.com     " We
Barcode Difficult Stuff" tm
P.O. Box 5000
20700 Rt. 23  Chillicothe , OH  45601
Phone                (740)  642  3600 (Eastern time zone)
Fax                    (740)   642 5001
Private Fax.       (740)   642 3106
PGP Key            0x8EDD65A2

-Carl Sagan

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:50:46 -0700
From: Gayle Callis <gcallis <@t> montana.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Caveat about true "Sharpie" marker pens for tissue
	cassettes Re:Colored Cassettes for multi institution study
To: John Robertson <jr <@t> infosight.com>,
	Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Caveat:  True Sharpie marker, per se, ink is washed off by processing
solvents.  Are you refering to the STATMARK PEN (StatLab) or Superfrost
Marker II pen that LOOK like "sharpie" markers but have special ink that
stays on plastic cassettes?