[Histonet] Are Gloves a CAP regulation?

Charles.Embrey Charles.Embrey <@t> carle.com
Wed Mar 16 08:49:17 CST 2005

I was a military histo tech and I never wore gloves when cutting or
embedding.  I have never seen anything in any of my CAP inspections that
would require it.  Have your co-worker tell you which CAP inspection
checklist item addresses this.

Charles Embrey

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:11 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Are Gloves a CAP regulation?

  Since I work at a military facility, I have notice that all the
military
histo techs wear gloves to embed and cut. I went to school and we never
did
this. When CAP came last year, my co-worker insisted that this was a CAP
regulation. Does anybody know if this is a CAP regulation, because this
is
news to me and I was never taught in school to wear gloves to embed or
cut. Thank you.

Heather A. Harper

Supervisor of Histology/Morgue

Naval Hospital of Pensacola, FL