[Histonet] processing

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Tue Mar 15 14:53:25 CST 2005

Jennifer,

I doubt this would help but rather make it worse as you have already
removed both the free water in tissue (what you want to do) but if you take
it backwards through alcohols again, you are going to further remove more
of the bound water (that you want to retain) on proteins.  The best thing
to do is try soaking tissues after facing the block, with warm water then
cool the block and cut.

Even if you rehydrated it and then reprocessed,  any water you put into
tissue spaces is probably going to be removed again plus reexposure to heat
of paraffin is going to compound the issue, cooked twice over - so to speak.

Best is rethink the processing schedule for your particular tissue and use
shorter processing times in future.

At 01:22 PM 3/15/2005, you wrote:
>I have some tissue that I processed and it came out a little bit drier
>than I thought it would.  Is it possible to take it backwards through the
>processing and rehydrate it and then process it again, BUT at shorter
>times to ensure that the tissue would be processed properly the second
>time?  Thanks in advance!
>
>Happy St. Patrick's Day!
>

>Jennifer K. Sipes, RALAT
>Sr. Laboratory Technician