[Histonet] Cutting frozen fat

pam plumlee paw555 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 21:12:48 CST 2005

Hi all:    I have a project that the researcher wants
frozen sections on mouse fat for immunofluorescence.
I froze mesenteric and epididymal fat at necropsy in
isopentane.  I am having a hard time getting the
tissue to cut-I'm getting the hole in the middle of
the OCT block.  I have changed the temp in the
cryostat to range from -16 to -35 and inbetween to see
if colder would help.  Not much luck. Does anyone know
if I can defrost and fix the tissue and will it
improve the cutting or will that cause it to loose any
FITC. Thanks for any suggestions.  Pam