[Histonet] F4/80 on human tumour xenografts in mouse

ncragg n.cragg <@t> epistem.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 10:22:08 CST 2005

Hello,

Has anyone tried murine F4/80 IHC staining on human tumour xenografts grown
in nude mice to look for infiltrating macrophages?  We are using the Caltag
rat monoclonal, BM8, although we've got it working nicely on normal mouse
spleen, the staining pattern is unusual in the tumour xenografts, staining
is seen around the human tumour cells (almost like tumour matrix) rather
than infiltrating mouse cells.  Has anyone seen this pattern before or can
suggest what is happening here?

Thank you in advance,

Nicola

Nicola Cragg BSc